Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pumpkin Coconut Tres Leches Cake


Why is this a Foodgasm?

It is officially Autumn guys, you know what that means? PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! Let the Pumpkin obsession begin now! This month you will be treated to my many pumpkin recipes, or annoyed. My husband is SICK of pumpkin by the end of October. I do it to death every year, but, I GOTTA!

Have you ever had Tres Leches Cake? This was my first time ever making it and trying it. It means 3 milks and boy are they bad for you, full of fat and yumminess. I saw Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake originally on My Love for Cooking and I was blown away! I knew I needed this in my life!! So I made my own version of this lightened up, using only 2 eggs an egg white, other than the cake is fat free and it kinda needs to be. The Tres Leches mixture is fat-tastic but we all need some fat in our lives from time to time. I lightened it up for you guys though, while also adding the awesomely yummy flavor of coconut milk in place of cream! Removing fat and adding flavor is the best of both worlds and that is what I try and do for every dish here at NY Foodgasm!



What you need

2.5 cups Pureed Pumpkin
1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
2 Eggs, 1 Egg white
2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ Tsp Salt
¾ Cup Evaporated milk
½ Cup Coconut Milk
¾ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
Fat Free Whipped Cream (it's not bad TRY it!) *Optional

How to make it

1- Preheat oven to 350ยบ
2- In a mixer with paddle attachment on medium add 2.5 Cups Pureed Pumpkin and 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar, and 2 Eggs, 1 Egg white until well combined.
3- On lowest speed add 2 cups of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, 2 Tsp Baking Soda, 1 Tsp Cinnamon and 1/2 Tsp Salt.
4- Spray a 9" x 13" pan and pour batter in.
5- Bake 20-25 minutes or until you poke it with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
6- Whisk together ¾ Cup Evaporated milk, ½ Cup Coconut Milk and ¾ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk in a large bowl.
7- poke lots of holes into cake with fork and pour the tres leches mixture over it.
8- Allow it to soak at least a couple hours in the fridge.

Nutritional Information

Each serving is 6 Points Plus Values on Weight Watchers!

No comments:

Post a Comment