Friday, September 5, 2014

A NY Foodgasm Quickie: Roasted Garlic Eggplant

Take regular roasted eggplant to the next level with the magic of garlic. This eggplant can stand alone as a side, main part of the dish or can be used on a panini.

So here is something you should know about me, I leap without looking most of the time. Like I would be making shit up as I went along in the kitchen, while that is sometimes fun I realize I really don't know enough about technique to be free-ballin' in the kitchen. So I used to just figure out temperatures on gut instinct. Well now-a-days people actually make my recipes so I have figured out to google proper technique.

When doing such research for roasting vegetables in the best way possible, I stumbled across a Mario Batali recipe for eggplant roasted with garlic. Of course I had a spark and NEEDED to try it STAT! Mario's recipe has a lot more oil, so I dialed it down a bit for you guys! I wanted all that magical garlic FLAVA without a bajillion grams of fat. At least in this case it is good fat from EVOO.

What you need

1 large eggplant, sliced vertically
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper


How to make it

1- Preheat oven to 450ยบ
2- Mix together olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
3- Brush on both sides of eggplant.
4- Place on foil lined baking pan.
5- Roast for 10 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment