Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Gyro Sliders with Creamy Dill Yogurt Sauce

Gyro meets slider in this epic yet small bite. No lamb needed, just regular beef spiced to perfection to match that gyro flavor, topped with a tangy dill yogurt sauce!


This may be my BEST creation yet! I have made them 3 times now, that is how much I LOVE them! I am pretty sure I have told you I don't make something more than once unless I REALLY love it- even my own recipes. I am like that way with beer too! (That is how I have amassed an impressive 315 beers on untapped)

It all started one night... I was talking to my husband over dinner about what kind of restaurant I would open (if I ever did) and I decided it would be American pub food with a twist. So in discussing what kind of burgers I would create for the menu I decided there should be a Greek burger- it would be like a gyro. It would taste like a gyro in burger form with some sort of yogurt sauce... so the words were spoken and so this was born!

I researched common spices in a gyro and developed this fantastic spice blend. Just the right amount of spiciness with 1 tbsp of cayenne for that kick to your taste buds. Then with the smoked paprika give it a little smokiness and also give the delicious dribbling fat juices an orange hue. The drippings are also delicious when the slider's bottom bun picks up some of the luscious fat juices- even the bun become a joy to eat!




 This is one rediculicious treat that will make you sing....

"Fat juices you know I like them.... Fat juices you know they taste soooo gooooood!"

I recommend NOT using ground beef any leaner than 80/20. I tried super lean ground beef for this and it was sooooo dry. Unfortunately you need some of that fat for a juicy burger. That is actually why I made these sliders, portion controlled decadent deliciousness!

What you need

Sliders

2 lbs ground beef (lean if you're trying to keep it healthy)
1 tsp Oregano
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Dill Yogurt Sauce 

1 tbsp Fresh Dill
1.5 oz. Goat Cheese
2/3 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 Clove Garlic
Zest and Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Extras

Slider buns
Arugula to top
Grilled Red Onions (optional)


You WILL gobble these in exactly 7 bites!

How to make them

1- Combined ground beef with spiced, working into the meat with your hands (hehe)
2- Form into small patties.
3- Grill on medium/high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired done-ness. I like mine medium.


To make the sauce

1-Combine all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until well combined.

I served mine on a sweet yeast roll from a local store, topped with the sauce and some arugula.

Would be GREAT with a Greek side salad too!

I hope you enjoyed this one- I am soooooo excited to share with all of you this easy and fun twist on a slider!

Remember... sharing is caring! If you like what you see click one of the buttons below to share this with your friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment