Thursday, September 11, 2014

Reduced Fat Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

This decadent looking double chocolate zucchini bread is reduced fat for your waistline's pleasure, but tastes so right making your mouth VERY happy!


2 zucchini recipes in one week, that's what you get with a zucchini that size, like the one I showed you in my last post. What's more they're both zucchini bread. Well I fell in love with it so much I had to chocolify it... (totally a word or should be).

So for the longest time guys I hesitated to write that my recipes were healthy or lower in fat or whatever. I thought oh people know this food blog has a healthy focus... but really unless you read all the time you don't. So I gotta call it out. But I hesitate because most people will dismiss it thinking this... "Ughhhh reduced fat, low fat, healthy... BORING!" I used to think that way too before I embarked upon a new healthy lifestyle.



The point of this whole blog was for me to jot down the recipes I made while I was on Weight Watchers... I had to be creative to find food and make meals I loved that were also good for me. Then I realized how much I loved doing this and I am always creating recipes and when I do I make them reduced fat or low fat almost all the time. It is naturally the way I do things nowadays. Sorry Southern cooking lovers, but a half a pound or a whole pound of butter in a recipe will NEVER be made in my kitchen. (I indulge at a restaurant so it will be a one time deal.)

Back to the point...

This zucchini bread, I MUST say it is reduced fat since no one would know unless I called it out. It is a selling point to me and to many others... but PLEASE don't think it tastes bad or reduced fat. The reason I reduce and do not eliminate fat is because you do need some for your body and your soul... seriously! This was so chocolatey and gooey and since it was hot and I don't have central air this bread was in a perpetual state of melt... chocolate getting all over my hands.


I totally got caught chocolate handed indulging on a slice...

So double chocolate zucchini bread. Why would you do that to zucchini... why not?! Sounds odd, right? But it's totally not. The zucchini keeps this moist! Its double chocolate since it has melted chocolate in the batter and chocolate chips tossed in for good measure... or because I LOVE chocolate!

Decadent chocolatey dessert and it's reduced fat. Dreams do come true... or I'm like a chocolate genie in a bottle (or on he web).


What you need

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks melted
(1/2 cup reserved and melted for batter)
1/4 cup cocoa powder


How to make it

1- Grease 2  8"x4" loaf pans
2- Preheat oven to 325ยบ
3- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl- or ignore this like I did and just spoon the flour into the measuring cup so it is more airy. The latter worked fine for me!
4- Combine in wet ingredients aside from zucchini and nuts... beat well.
5- Slowly add in the shredded zucchini followed by melted chocolate, cocoa and chocolate chunks.
6- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Until inserted toothpick comes out from center clean.

Nutritional Info 

9 points plus each serving



No comments:

Post a Comment