Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Parfait Breakfast Jars


So as you know pumpkin season is in full swing. I know all you Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice-philes are just itching for your next fix of pumpkin.You are looking furiously for pumpkin recipes. Well rest assured I got ya covered today!

So you may already have your pumpkin spice coffee to go in the morning, but what's a girl to eat for breakfast that satisfies that pumpkin lust without packing on the pounds? How about a Pumpkin Pie Parfait Jar- lowfat, quick, easy and portable. DONE!


It's simple to make a layer of pumpkin puree, some pumpkin spice sugar (recipe here.), nonfat Greek yogurt and a little granola- see totally easy!

The only hard part is making it look perfectly layered, damn that was tricky?! But seeing as your not blogging about it, it doesn't need to look perfect. But for me I painstakingly spooned out air bubbles, licked out the excess with my finger... yeah this is the behind the scene blogger stuff we do to make it pretty!


Sadly as of late I've found myself with stomach troubles. I believe I am on the road to recovery, but it worries me so since I love food so damn much!! My joy for food is not as strong because I need to stay away from so many things I love- no spicy, no tomatoes, onions, fried food, NO BEER!

These words did not make me happy! But my body is more important than my passion for trying new foods! I was feeling better and ate some fatty food, yup that was a mistake. So I am taking it easy, though I still got some healthy recipes to share. I may lack some of my usual enthusiasm.


In other news I officially signed up for the Tough Mudder and am officially freaking out- like I have NEVER ran this many miles, EVER! Plus have you seen these obstacles?! SCARY! SO I am scared to death, I had to have a friend talk me into it again. BUT I should see this as a new exciting adventure right?!

credit:Tough Mudder

So I was just out running - only 1.5 miles. I gotta do more like 3 tomorrow- eeeek! LOL! I have ran 5k's but it aint easy and it aint pretty. But I do feel awesome after! I think I can, I think I can...

So wish me luck- I need it!


What you need

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice sugar rim mix
3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup vanilla granola (or whatever you like, I used Trader Joe's Vanilla Granola)

How to make it


In a mason jar layer the pumpkin puree, followed by pumpkin spice sugar, Greek yogurt and finally granola- EASY!



Nutritional Info 

This is 8 points plus on weight watchers, you can decrease that by adding less granola.



No comments:

Post a Comment