Thursday, April 4, 2013

Double Stout Guinness Sliders


Why is this a Foodgasm?

Who doesn't like to go out for some burgers and beer? Well I took the two and fused them into the perfect combination they were destined to be! I marinated the ground beef in Guinness, then to add a double shot of that stout action I made caramelized onion with a stout reduction! But wait, there's more! To add to the delicious Irish action I topped these sliders with Dubliner cheese, a sweet aged Irish cheese! I even cut the fat using lean ground beef for the sliders, because I love my heart and yours!


What you need

18 oz 93% lean ground beef
1 2/3 cup Guinness (2/3 cup for beef)
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons light olive oil
4 oz. Dubliner Chese
2 large onions, sliced (I used one red and one sweet for color contrast)
12 pack King's Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls


How to make it

1- Marinate beef for about 30 mins in 2/3 cup Guinness some salt and pepper.
2- Preheat Oven to 425ยบ
3- Carmelize onions on medium heat with olive oil in a non stick frying pan
4- Form meat into 12 small hamburger patties
5- Grill outside or inside on an electric grill
6- Cut all the rolls in half
7- Assemble with one beef patty, some caramelized onions and slice of cheese on a baking sheet
8- After all sliders are assembled place them in the oven close to the top heating element for about 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.


Nutritional Information





6 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime Joan! Let me know what you think when you try it!

      Delete
  2. YUM! I love a good burger, but this sounds like a great burger! Perfect for this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound absolutely delicious! Really looking forward to getting more ideas for cooking with beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille! Oh there will be MANY great ideas! I got a rice and beans recipe to post next! LOL!

      Delete