Found this on pinterest and got the recipe from here. I modified it a bit, of course. I wanted some chicken so instead of water I used chicken broth and added one breast of chicken to it. I think I will make my own foodgasm from this same basic concept soon!
What you need
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano chili, finely chopped, including seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh peeled and minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 7 cups fat free chicken stock
- 1 can unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 chicken breast sliced thin and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- fresh cilantro and lime wedges for serving
How to make it
1- Heat olive oil in large pot on medium.
2- Add in your onion, bell peppers and jalapeno, let it cook until the onions are translucent.
3- Throw in your ginger, garlic, stir until heated though.
4- Add in your spices and let them release their spicy goodness into your nose!
5- Stir in your tomato paste until heated.
6- Pour in your liquids (coconut milk and broth) as well as the lentils and chickpeas.
7- Once your soup starts to boil add in the chicken breast pieces and let cook for 5 minutes more.
8- Turn off heat and add in lime juice (adding it in the end makes the flavor have more punch)