Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Greek Gyro Pizza

Why is this a Foodgasm?

So you like gyros? Well I took that gyro I laid it down and made it a guilt free pizza. Yup that gyro is my bitch! You got a crispy whole wheat crust topped with ground lamb, cucumbers, red onion, diced tomatoes, salty feta cheese and a tangy fat free tzatziki! Will you miss the fat? Hell no, this is a Foodgasm and that is my promise!



What you need


  • 1 whole wheat pizza dough
  • 8 oz. ground lamb
  • 1/2 cucumber, diced
  • 1/2 large red onion, diced
  • 1/2 tomato, diced
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta
  • 1 recipe tzatzki found here

  • Optional: garlic powder and EVOO


How to make it 

1- Preheat oven to 450º
2- Knead and roll out dough on a table with some flour.
3- Shape dough and place it on a cookie sheet. ( TIP: I like to spray the formed dough with EVOO and sprinkle with garlic powder.)
4- Bake dough in oven at 450º for about 10 minutes.
5- In a small frying pan on medium heat, brown the ground lamb, garlic powder is optional. I always add a dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6- Top the baked pizza crust with the ground lamb, diced vegetables and feta.
7- Drizzle the top with the tzatzki sauce.
8- Chow down!

 

 

Nutritional Information



2 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Can't wait to try this! I had gyros this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo excited for you to try it! It is sooooo good! Please let me know what you think! Feel free to post a pic on my facebook page!

      Delete