Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sexy Spiced Sweet Potato Bread

This sweet potato bread is has sugar, spice and everything nice- but it's skinny and that makes it sexy!


Sweet potatoes, that sweet bi-curious veggie. It seems so sweet, but we all know that it's begging to be naughty. Maybe like that chick from 50 shades of gray. She seems so sweet and then next think you know she's getting all kinky and shit.


You know that chick Anastasia Steele, she is all quiet and sweet and meek (that is the sweet potato). Then she meets Christian Grey (that is the spice). So the freaky sexiness was already there and he awakened it.


I totally didn't read the book, I was pretty sure it was gonna be like Twilight, like I would read it and totally be embarassed years later when I realized it was actually horrible.

Back to the bread... or cake really who are we kidding?

So I added sugar to go with it's natural sweetness and I added spice because it's secretly kinky.


Not just any spice- but pumpkin spice. Not just any sugar a blend of white and brown.

To make is super easy- I grated the sweet potato. 

To make it sexy- I made it skinny with less fat all the flava! 

Moist as fuck too! Since it's so sexy, you might become moist too. Moist now sounds like a dirty word.

As a matter of fact I had a friend in college that hated the word moist and always thought it was dirty. So I just confirmed that for her. 


What you need

3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3 eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or extract)
2 cups grated sweet potato
1/2 cup pecans

How to make it

1- Grease 2  8"x4" loaf pans
2- Preheat oven to 325ยบ
3- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl- or ignore this like I did and just spoon the flour into the measuring cup so it is more airy. The latter worked fine for me!
4- Combine in wet ingredients aside from shredded sweet potato and nuts... beat well.
5- Slowly add in the shredded sweet potato followed by nuts. (Feel free to sub with any nuts you like)
6- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Until inserted toothpick comes out from center clean.

Nutritional Information 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment