Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bacon and Caramelized Onion "Flame Cake"


Why is this a Foodgasm?  This is the highest of ALL Foodgasms! Bacon, Onions caramelized in the fat covered in cheese on a crispy crust....can it get any better! Bacon- the candy of meats with golden cheese on top of some crispy carby goodness, Woooooahhh excuse me a minute while I wipe the drool from my mouth!

This is a 11 point foodgasm


What you need:
3 slices of bacon
1 whole wheat pita (no pocket kind)
1/2 medium onion, cubed
1/3 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese

How to make it:
Preheat oven to 415 degrees. In a medium frying pan, fry bacon until crispy.  Remove from pan and cube into pieces. In the bacon dripping caramelize those onions on medium high heat.  Place bacon bits and onions onto the pita and place cheese on top. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden as pictured below.

ENJOY, I know you will.  Also you may wanna be alone or with those you trust as you may make some steamy sexy noises from the flavor!

Note: When I figured out the points on this recipe I put in bacon cooked crisp, this may not be accurate as I used the fat. To reduce the points to be more accurate, cook onions without the bacon drippings.


No comments:

Post a Comment