Friday, May 31, 2013

Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust




Why is this a Foodgasm?
The sweetness of the caramelized onions and sweet potatoes combined with the creaminess of the goat cheese comes at you like a savory and sweet symphony on your tongue! No joke! This is where it's at. You need this in your mouth!

I came up with the idea since I have been on a goat cheese roll lately and I just knew I had to try this! I made a Pesto Quiche with a potato crust before and I knew I had to try this ideas of caramelized onions and goat cheese but with sweet potatoes. Then I thought since this crust doesn't cover the sides I am gonna try and use a springform pan and hot damn it worked! Like all my foodgasms this is pretty damn easy to make and low in fat! Not to mention this is loaded with vitamins. So not only is this a trip to delicioustown, but a one way ticket to a healthy life! Score!

What you need

3 small sweet potatoes, sliced and roasted in oven on 415 for about 35 mins.
3 slices of Vidalia and 3 slices of Red Onion roasted in the oven for 20 mins.
2 eggs
3 egg whites
8 oz. Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1/4 Vidalia onion, chopped fine
3 oz. goat cheese crumbled
1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella
Salt and Pepper to taste




How to make it

1- Preheat oven to 415 degrees
2-Place the roasted sweet potato slices on the bottom of a non stick spring form pan. Place on a cookie sheet in case of liquid drainage.
3- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except for roasted caramelized onions.
4- Pour mixture in the spring form pan
5- Arrange sliced roasted Caramelized onion on top.
6- Bake for 40 mins.



Nutritional Information




No comments:

Post a Comment