Friday, April 26, 2013

Beer Month Recipe Round-up Number 2 - Bluepoint Blueberry Muffins: A Fat Free Foodgasm



Why is this a Foodgasm?


I have always been a fan of Bluepoint Blueberry, it was one of my first favorites! So crisp and sweet, it just works so well with the taste of the beer. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I finally connected the dots and made blueberry muffins with it! This pair was meant to be! The blueberry beer intensifies the overall blueberry flavor in the muffin, then I added 1 whole cup of blueberries!  

But I am not the BEST baker in the world, I thought I needed more experience to make my own muffins, then I found this great recipe for Homemade Cake Mix on i am baker. So I thought I am just gonna use this dry ingredient recipe and make these like I make my cupcakes with a beer and an egg- and it WORKED! Needless to say I was thrilled and I have to tell you they are AMAZING! Totally blueberry bliss and then to add more awesomeness I sprinkled them with some Turbinado Sugar. Did I mention they are FAT FREE!

Yup this was easy, fat free and sooooo good! That is a foodgasm my friends!

This is also Beer Month's LAST Recipe Round-up see links to all of my other #beermonthbloggers at the bottom of this post.


What you need

2 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cup sugar (the site specified to grind it fine, but I used regular)
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 bottle Bluepoint Blueberry Beer
1 large egg
1 cup blueberries
1 packet Turbinado Sugar (Sugar in the Raw)

How to make it

NOTE: I am not a "for real baker", so this may seem a bit odd, but, hey it worked!

Preheat oven to 350ยบ

1- In a mixer add all the dry ingredients and mix well on LOW.
2- Slowly add in the beer on LOW.
3- Put the mixer on MEDIUM and add your egg and vanilla extract.
4- Keep mixing and until it is well combined, then move to LOW and add in the blueberries.
5- Pour batter into muffin tins (makes about 16)
6-Bake for 20 minutes then sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
7- Bake 5-10 more minutes.

EAT! Get 'em in yo belly!


Nutritional Information


You want MORE amazing Beer Recipes here are the posts by my #beermonthbloggers!


Hall Nesting made this decadent Beer Cheese Soup!



Croque-Camille made this Porter Chocolate Mousse!! WOAH big points for creativity here!


Pastry Chef Online made this Double Chocolate Stout Cake with Vanilla Porter Toffee! WOAH! Is your mouth watering yet??



Jessiker Bakes made these Root Beer Float Cupcakes, how adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment