Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day Brunch NY Foodgasm style!


My Grandmother, Mother and Mother in Law enjoying their Bourbon Iced Tea

Ahhh Mother's Day, the day we celebrate the woman that pushed us out her --- ummm, well we won't go there! My mom, grandmother and mom in law all made so many sacrifices, picked us up when we fell and did it all without complaint! Now that I am getting to the age when I consider having a child myself I can really identify with my mom more than ever and see how difficult motherhood is. So I did what I do best- make some kick-ass food to celebrate and honor them!

This was my first ever Mother's Day Brunch! Each mom had a card, a drink and a rose waiting for them. Then in a few short moments Brunch was served. We feasted and I could not eat the rest of the day! The waffles were great! I have to thank my husband for making all the waffles. I made the quiches and the compotes. Yeah why have a normal compote when you can have yours spiked with Soco or Bourbon.

No this was not healthy, but it was a celebration to our mothers. How do I show love, FOOD! The quiches were amazing and light! That recipe is coming really soon! Yum!

A Rose and a card awaiting each mother

 

 

 

The Spread from left to right: Soco Strawberry Compote, Bourbon Blueberries, Waffles, mini quiches, bagels above (red is a strawberry bag, yum) baked sweet potato chips, salad.

The menu:

Homemade "Waffles of Insane Greatness"
Southern Comfort Strawberries
Bourbon Blueberries
Nutella

Mini Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Quiches with Sweet Potato Crust
(Recipe for this coming next week!)

Salad with Apples and Goat Cheese

NY Bagels (one of life's simple and most amazing pleasures)

Black Mango Bourbon Iced Tea with Blueberries



Southern Comfort Strawberries Compote

3 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup southern comfort

1- In a medium frying pan on medium high heat pour in your Southern Comfort, let it reduce a bit and come to slow boil.
2- Add in your strawberries and let them cook on medium for just a little while, I don't like my strawberries too mushy.

Bourbon Blueberry Compote

3 cups blueberries
1/3 cup bourbon

1- In a medium frying pan on medium high heat pour in your Southern Comfort, let it reduce a bit and come to slow boil.
2- Add in your strawberries and let them cook on medium for just a little while. Same as the strawberries

Black Mango Bourbon Iced Tea with Blueberries

1 pitcher 3/4 full of water
5 Black Mango Tea Bags ( I used Trader Joe's)
5 packets of Stevia
1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen blueberries
5-6 shots of Bourbon (I used Basil Hayden)

1- Pour water into pitcher, add tea bags and stir until color starts to show.
2- Add in the fruit and stevia and stir well.
3- Let it brew and soak in the fridge for an hour or 2.
4- Add the bourbon and let the party start!


All the men talking in our porch


My husband and his father

No comments:

Post a Comment