Friday, June 28, 2013

Bourbon Iced Tea with Lime



Why is this a Drinkgasm?

There is no better liquor for tea than bourbon: I quickly discovered this when I went to a bar in Brooklyn(yup real southern culture in Brooklyn of all places!)- I took one sip of their bourbon sweet tea and was hooked on bourbon since. So I knew I had to make my own! This time I used Earl Grey Tea, honey and lime. The strong Earl Grey with the sweetness of the honey and the tartness of the lime with some smooth bourbon and you got yourself a refreshing beverage for a warm summer night!

What you need


A glass pitcher
5 bags Earl Grey Tea
2 tablespoons honey
3 packets of stevia
Juice of 1 lime
4 shots of bourbon ( I used Basil Hayden)

How to make it

1- Fill pitcher with ice and filtered water abour 3/4 of the way.
2- Add tea bags and stir, place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3- Remove from fridge add in your lime juice, honey, stevia and bourbon. Mix well
4- Serve on the rocks!

Nutritional Information




No comments:

Post a Comment