Saturday, December 1, 2012

Friendsgiving 2012


The legend of Friendsgiving

It began back in 2008: I was unemployed and I realized with no money and no career, what really matters most is my relationships with friends. By no means am I dismissing the importance of family, but family is obligated to be there for you, friends are special because you actually get to choose your friends. The bond can be just as strong as family, yet on all holidays it is usually strictly family. I created this holiday to give back to my friends and to show my appreciation to have them in my life: what better way than by sharing a Foodgasm??!

Food is at the center of Friendsgiving. I usually make the turkey, one side and a dessert and every friend contributes either a covered dish, dessert or alcohol. It is one of my most treasured holidays and every year our friends look forward to it! Friendsgiving is always the Friday after Thanksgiving.






My Fully Loaded plate!



On the Menu in 2012

My Creations


Turkey Brined in Pineapple and Cranberry Juice, Coconut Milk
with Candied 
Ginger, Brown Sugar, Peppercorns and Salt.


Sweet and Savory Stuffing/Bread Pudding with Pineapple, Dried Cranberries,
Candied Ginger, Coconut Milk and Bacon.
Pineapple Coconut and Curry Glaze


Lemon Basil Cheesecake with a Coconut Macaroon Crust




My Friends Contributions



Cheese Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon
-Christie Cotty-Owens

Spicy Slowcooker Braised Short Ribs in a
Red Wine Ragout
-Christie Cotty-Owens

Spicy Sauted Spinach with Feta
-Salvatore Del Gigante
Sweet Potato Casserole with Candied Pecans and Brown Sugar-Christie Cotty-Owens


Vanilla Cake filled with Raspberry preserves and 
Covered in a Chambord Icing
-Christine Pette



Recipes on some of these dishes will follow in future posts!

Why not Start your own Friendsgiving??
So many people are out shopping on Black Friday, instead I challenge you to create your own Friendsgiving. Celebrate the most special people in your life that love you just as you are! Why risk being trampled or getting the flu? Show your friends how much you care by giving them a foodgasm!

Share the Foodgasm, share the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment