Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Foodie Adventures: My First Ice Cream Recipe

Why is this a Foodgasm?

Plain ole vanilla ice cream, one of life's simple pleasures. Simple, yet sooo delicious, especially since I cut some of the fat and it's homemade and freshly churned. Sometimes even I keep it simple- I didn't even add bourbon (well it was bourbon vanilla extract)!

When I was a baby my mom insisted I not be corrupted by sugar, but my grandmother wanted to spoil me and the first sugary delight to ever touch my lips was vanilla soft serve ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. Oh wow, it was love at first lick! My face was at first confused and them this giant smiled pasted itself on my face in a sort of baby perma-grin.

This is a super simple recipe- I basically took the simple vanilla ice cream recipe that came with my booklet and took away some of the fat while still maintaining the creamy texture we all know and love. 4 ingredients and 25 minutes to some amazing ice cream.

It is only fitting that this be my very first ice cream recipe! I hope you enjoy it too!



What you need

1 1/2 cups 2% Milk
3 cups Half and Half
1 1/8 cup Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract

 How to make it

1- Make sure the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker has been in the freezer for at least 24 hours prior to making ice cream.
2- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
3- Place freezer bowl into ice cream maker, place in churning paddle and put the top on.
4- Pour mixture into the top of the ice cream maker.
5- Set a timer for 20-25 minutes and check on ice cream, if you want it thicker you can always put it in the freezer for a little while.



Now be verrrry quiet while the machine does the work.



 

Nutritional Facts

Weight Watchers: 4 points plus per 1/2 cup serving





No comments:

Post a Comment