Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Decadent Brownies with Soco Infused Cherries and Pistachios

 

Why is this a Foodgasm?

As I sit here typing the name of these brownies I am noticing a liquor trend. Do I need to go to Food Alcoholics Anonymous? Nah, I like to think of NY Foodgasm as healthy food with a 'tude- so bring it on! So you say brownies- there ain't nothing healthy about brownies. So I tricked you a little, but it's only because you will never taste the black beans. Now these are not healthy as in no fat and low calories- these are healthy as in full of nutrients and not just empty meaningless calories. Let me just paint a picture for you- rich melted dark chocolate, Southern Comfort soaked dried cherries packaged in a fudge-a-licious brownie that just so happens to be made with black beans.

I found this recipe on 80Twenty and I knew I found a foodie soulmate! Her recipes and her photos ROCK, go take a look!

No you have not died and gone to heaven- nope this is just NY Foodgasm just intoxicating you with some fine brownies!



What you need

1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup Southern Comfort
1 stick unsalted butter
180g 85% cacao dark chocolate (I used Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Lover's Bars, pack contains 4 bars, needed 1 2/3 bars)
1 can black beans, rinsed well and drained
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp bourbon, soaked in cherries
a pinch of sea salt
3 eggs
⅔ cup maple syrup
1/4 cup pistachios


How to make it

*Before you even start thinking about making this, you need to soak the dried cherries in Soco 24-48 hours in advance.
1- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2- Grease 8x8 baking pan, I used a silicon baking pan so this would not stick AT ALL.
3- On a pan on medium-low heat cut the butter into small pieces and melt it.
4- Do the same with the chocolate and keep stirring to combine well.
5- Now in a food processor, make those black beans nice and smooth. Process for about 2-3 minutes
6- Add into the food processor the cocoa, coconut flakes and 2 tbsp of the Soco from your soaked cherries and the melted butter chocolate mixture, combine it.
7- In an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whip up the eggs and maple syrup on medium-high until is is light yellow and frothy.
8- Take the black bean mixture and fold into eggs and maple syrup.
9- Fold in those soaked cherries.
10- Pour into your baking pan and add pistachios to the top.
11- Bake 30- 40 minutes.

TIP: I froze these first before I cut them, made it easier since they are so fudge-tastic.

Nutritional Information




No comments:

Post a Comment