Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sage Pesto

Take a classic pesto and spin it for the fall and winter season with this sage pesto. It goes well on anything from potatoes to poultry to toast!


I live to put a spin on classics. Mac and cheese- great! Philly cheesesteak mac and cheese- YES I must have it!!

Classics become so for a reason. They are tried and true and amazing. But I can't ever just leave it at what it is. I live to put my own stamp on something, to make it original. After all I am a creative, I was just born this way. I need to be different and think different.

Pesto, I loves it. Especially when you discover how truly good it is when you make it fresh. Fresh also means what's in season.

I grew a sage plant in my garden this year and it got MASSIVE! Like totally huge! 3 feet tall! I have also learned the value of cooking in season and with the season. When I saw sage pesto online I decided to develop my own recipe for it.

I totally rocked it! It's super delicious! Sooo sooo good! Since sage is a bit strong I added some arugula to cut it a bit. For my nut I used pecans since we see so much walnut action this time of year. I used parmesan cheese since it's strong sharp quality competed well with the other flavors.


What to do with it? IDEAS here:

I put it on some toasted italian bread with sweet potatoes as an appetizer.
Toss it in some pasta!
Put in on top of chicken!
Put it on your pork roast to add a nice crust!
Add it to homemade mac and cheese
Add it to a queso dip
Add it to roasted potatoes

What you need

32 sage leaves
1/3 cup baby arugula
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil


How to make it

1- Put all ingredients in food processor, pulse and slowly add in the olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment