Thursday, February 28, 2013

Red Curry with Chicken and Mango



Why is this a Foodgasm?

Mango Strikes again my friends! It is just so magical: a lovely blend of citrus and melon. It makes me think of sunshine....how I miss thee. Anyways, back to he matter at hand: this dish. I love red curry, I actually made my very own red curry paste for this (recipe coming soon). I absolutely LOVE Thai food, the blend of sweet and spicy just makes me giddy (ie- Pineapple Mango Chili)! So I wanted to make my own, just as good as authentic, Thai dish! This is creamy sweet and a bit spicy. It is like a warm hug from a seXXXy man!  We also got you covered in the veggie dept., you are getting a COMPLETE meal! protein, veggies and serve it with a blend of brown and black rice and that's a wrap!



 

 

 

 

What you need

2 chicken breasts, cut into slices
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 teaspoon amchoor (dried mango, picked this up at the Asian Grocery Store)
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 mango, sliced
1 stalk lemongrass (about 3.5 inches), sliced into small slivers
2 1/2 cup sliced bell peppers (I used a mix of green, red and yellow for color)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple sliced
1 1/4 cup low fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons red curry paste

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  How to make it

1- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper an coconut flakes in a bowl.
2- Dredge the chicken in the mixture, get all pieces all nice and coated.
3- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a nonstick skillet
4- Place coated chicken in pan on a single layer
5- Brown on both sides, takes about 5 minutes per side.
6- Set chicken aside, add in onion and peppers. Let them cook about 3 minutes.
7- Add pineapple and mango. Let them cook just long enough to soften.
8- In a separate bowl mix together red curry paste and coconut milk.
9- Add mixture to skillet, let this simmer for about 10 minutes

How to serve it

I actually served mine with a mixture of black and brown rice, YAY fiber and color! I garnished with fresh mango and red chilis. I liked keeping the chicken separate to keep the color and texture.

Nutritional Information

This information is for the recipe alone without the addition of rice.*




2 comments:

  1. A wrm hug from a sexy man?? I'm in!!! Your dish sounds amazing! Perfect for my mango kick I'm on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe- insert your idea of a sexy man! LOL! If you have not noticed I am also on a mango kick! I LOVE mangos! LOL!

      Delete