Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Smoothie- 5 ingredients or less

This super easy to make smoothie has only 4 ingredients and is very low in fat, but has LOTS of flavor. It's the perfect start to a healthy day!


This week's tip was to start the day healthy and this is the perfect hassle free recipe for it! I made this soooooo super easy ANYONE can do it, even that person you know that can burn water somehow.
I have seen a lot of oatmeal smoothies lately and I thought it was such a fabulous idea! With lots of fiber and protein it is sure to stick to 'dem ribs! So I then it I figured why the hell not use a instant oatmeal packet that already has flavor and is sweetened. This smoothie goes down quick since its soooo delish, but you will feel full for a good while! It's also low fat!

The stats on this are QUITE impressive if I say so myself with only 5 grams of fat and 22 grams of protein!!!

So besides the foodgasm of it you have that whole healthy start to your day that is ridiculously easy!

Below you can see the mise en place (a fancy french word for every ingredient in it's place)


RECIPE: Dump all this in a blender and you are good to go, let it sit for a couple minutes for a thicker smoothie! EASY!

On a totally different note, I would like to pat myself on the back for a minute- I took all these photos in manual mode! Yes I know- my photos are pretty decent, but I always shoot in auto and I have plunged myself into the world of manual mode so I can really be legit when I call myself a food photographer!

I have fallen in love with it and I wanna have as much control as I can pre production. I am pretty psyched since post production was a breeze with these guys!


Nutritional Stats




No comments:

Post a Comment