Monday, February 11, 2013

Pineapple Mango Guacamole

Why is this a Foodgasm?

Confession: I am in love with a fruit. Mango be thy name! Beautiful, sweet, juicy and slightly citrusy mango.  My second favorite, fresh pineapple, put 'em together and what do you got? A foodgasm! I have been adding pineapple to my guacamole for a very long time, I figured if lime juice is essential, why not add other citrus flavors? This recent addition of the mango really made me fall in love. It's like having fruit salsa and guacamole together. It has that salty, creamy and sweet thing happening all at one. It like a flavor and texture Ménage à Trois.


What you need


2 ripe avocados, halved, skinned and diced.
1 ripe mango, diced
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1 medium red onion, diced
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dark chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons of black pepper

How to make it

1- In a bowl combine the avocado, mango, pineapple and onion.
2- Add in your garlic, lime juice, olive oil and spices and stir. Add more to taste if desired.

Tips on cutting a mango here.
Tips on cutting a pineapple here.
Tips on cutting an avocado here.

Nutritional Information



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to Serve

I served mine with some tortilla chips, but this would also be GREAT on tacos or fajitas!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I love mango salsa and making it into guacamole is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again! I LOVE me some Mango and if I can add it in to anything I will find a way!

      Delete
  2. I love mango guac and this one looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Skinny Mommy! It was soooo good! I am so in love with Mango!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Looks awesome, so glad I found your page on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much bariatricbeginnings! I am gonna check you out as well!

      Delete