Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Indian Spiced Kabobs

In the mood for Indian? These wonderfully spiced yogurt marinated kabobs are not only easy to prepare, but incredibly healthy and low in fat!


You may not know this, but I also LOVE Indian food. I used to eat Italian like alllll the time, 'til I met my husband and I really got adventurous with ethnic foods. He was unafraid, even since an infant of trying new things. Me- funny enough-- I was a pizza, pasta and hamburger girl. Yes I have changed quite A LOT over the years!

I discovered Indian and especially Chicken Tikka Masala- OMG- YUMMMM! Well if you do not know of the tikka I will explain- it's chicken marinated in a yogurt marinate and cooked and simmered into a sauce made with beautiful spices such as garam masala, heavy cream and tomato paste. It is heaven or hell depending how you look at it.

Heaven in your mouth, hell on the hips...




I found THIS fabulous butter chicken recipe that was lower in fat from Half Baked Harvest (yes she's my hero!), but I wanted to make an easy summer meal out of Indian. So I created a yogurt based marinade with some wonderful Indian spices and some freshly grated ginger to bring that authentic flavor onto your very own grill!


This is so incredibly SIMPLE to make, quick and delicious as well as healthy! Guys I'll admit it... I went on a bit of a bender with unhealthy recipes. I went through a phase, but I am back at this healthy shit to give you the most delicious, crave worthy, healthy fucking food!

More awesomeness is sure to come! I got my healthy mojo back! XOXO!

What you need

1 pound chicken breast, cubed
1/2 cup nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 tablespoon half and half
1 teaspoon Garam Masala (Indian spice blend)
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
dash of freshly ground black pepper
(DO NOT add salt, it tasted gross!)

How to make it

1-Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together, combine with the chickebn, place in a ziplock bag. Let marinate overnight.
2- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes and place chicken on skewers.
3- Brush grill with olive oil.
4- Grill skewers on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side with cover down.
5- Serve dusted with more garam masala! I would actually recommend making another batch of the marinate as a dipping sauce or to top it with, it was quite delicious!

Nutritional Info





No comments:

Post a Comment