Monday, April 15, 2013

Beer Month Brewery Review: Greenport Brewery - 8 different and complex beers on tap!



New favorite Brewery!

Upon walking in I was impressed just with the look of this old firehouse. I loved the old building and that it had been beautifully restored. Walking up the steps I saw it said "Stairway to Heaven" on one of the risers- I always love a fun sense of humor. Then walking into the tasting room I was impressed with the overall decor, layout and ambiance. It brought a sense of happiness to me right away. Then I put my lips to the beer and was blown away by the complexity of some of the flavors---Just a side note: it has be proven beer = happiness. Just looks at the pictures, this was a FUN trip and this brewery was oh so cute!




My beer analysis

Harbor Ale- Very drinkable pale ale, not too bitter.
Black Duck Porter- A dark beer lovers delight, with pronounced notes of espresso. Too bitter for my liking.
Nut Brown Ale- Dark beer, but more drinkable than the porter.
Antifreeze- My favorite by far, bold and complex with almost a bourbon flavor going on.
Triton- Very bold, you can definitely get the barleywine flavor. But I thought there was a bit of an after taste.
Otherside IPA- Easily drinkable and crisp. Light, but not too simple. There were some fruit notes present.
Spring Turning Rye Saison- Very interesting beer, really taste the spices- HELLO clove! Love the complexity of this one.
Black IPA- Usually not a dark beer fan, but this was sooooo smooth and not at all bitter. Tasted some notes of caramel.

Overall- Very impressed with the selection and the complexity of flavors present in all their beers. Also LOVE for $8 you get to try all 8 beers and take home a Greenport Pint glass!



No comments:

Post a Comment