Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Easy Veggie Skillet Lasagna

You love lasagna, but you lack the time it take to make it. No problem, this lasagna comes together in minutes only messing up one skillet! Even better it's loaded with vegetables!


Lasagna, how I love these, but how I hate to build one! Yeah I am lazy sometimes and I have a FT job, so you think I will be making lasagna very often? Bitch please...



Yeah I am a realist when it comes to food and preperation.

So I have seen lots of these skillet lasagnas. But they like cut up the lasagna noodles and it all gets mixes together and it looks like a mess. So I set out to make my own that actually resembles lasagna but in a skillet.


I LOADED this up with veggies so you don't have to feel quite as guilty for ingesting so much cheese. Onions, Peppers, mushrooms and zucchini!

I kinda upped the cheese factor too with just a baby bit of burrata- the QUEEN of all fresh mozzarella! It makes my heart sing with joy and I kinda hum a happy song when I bite into a piece.


If you are not familiar, it's basically a little fresh mozzarella purse filled with cream and more fresh mozzarella scraps. It sounds weird, but it's amazeballs. I assure you!

This is EASY and sooo damn delish I know you will do yourself a happy little cheese dance!



Easy Skillet Veggie Lasagna

by Sophia @ NY Foodgasm
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Keywords: entree healthy vegetarian Italian

Ingredients (6 servings)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 medium onions, sliced
  • 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 6 no bake lasagna noodles
  • 1 jar tomato sauce (I used Trader Joe's 3-cheese)
  • 8 oz. ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 4 oz. burrata
Instructions
1- preheat oven to 350º
2- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
3- Add the slices of zucchini and cook on both sides, about 2 mins a side.
4- Remove cooked zucchini slices, add in the rest of the veggies and cook until onions are slightly browned.
5- Remove vegetables and turn off heat.
6- Place down 3 no bake lasagna noodles, add sauce and vegetables.
7- Lay down the sliced zucchini and 3 more lasagna noodles and more sauce.
8- Add the cheese to the top ricotta, mozzarella and burrata.
9- Bake for 15 mins and then 5 minutes at 415º
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment